Jackie Reses is the CEO of Lead Bank and previous Exec Chair of Square Financial Services and Head of Lending and Banking. One of only people to have started a bank as a de no; Only tech company to get approved for a de novo. Chair Economic Advisory Council of SF Federal Reserve.
Kris Dickson is the CFO of Lead Bank and previously the CAO / CFO of post-BK Lehman Brothers parent co-estate for 10 years. Lehman Holdco estate has liquidated and distributed $129 billion to unsecured creditors through the end of 2022.
In Today's Episode on SVB We Discuss:
- How and why did SVB fail so fast?
- Was it the result of systemic problems or a series of management mistakes?
- What role did VCs play in the downfall of SVB?
- What role did social media and online banking play in the failing of SVB?
- What happens now?
- Will depositors have their deposits guaranteed?
- Will there be a buyer for SVB? Who is the most likely?
- Should founders be worried about moving their money to neo-banks?
- Should founders in any circumstances transfer money to their personal accounts?
- What is the best and worst outcome?