Lori Jimenez is the Chief Revenue Officer at WorkRamp where she is responsible for sales, customer success, solutions engineering, sales development, and revenue operations. Over her 25-year career, Lori has a track record of scaling high-growth GTM teams at companies including Google, TripActions/Navan, Facebook, and Box.
In Today's Episode with Lori Jimenez We Discuss:
1. From a First Sales Job at 15 Years Old to Leading Sales Teams at Google and Facebook:
- How Lori made her foray into the world of sales at the age of 15?
- What are 1-2 of Lori's biggest takeaways from her time at Google, Facebook and Box?
- What does Lori know now that she wishes she had known at the start of her career in sales?
2. The Sales Playbook: What, When and How:
- How does Lori define the "sales playbook"? What is it not?
- Should the founder be the one to create the sales playbook?
- When is the right time for founders to make their first sales hires?
- What is the right profile for the first sales hires?
- Should founders hire 2 sales reps at a time? What are the pros and cons?
3. The Hiring Process: Building the Sales Team:
- How does Lori structure the hiring process for all new sales hires?
- What are the must-ask questions to ask in every sales hiring meeting?
- What are the biggest red flags founders should look for when hiring for sales?
- What are Lori's biggest lessons on how to navigate compensation discussions with potential sales hires?
- What are Lori's biggest lessons on what title negotiation says about a candidate?
- What are the single biggest mistakes founders make when hiring for sales teams?
4. Scaling the Machine: Bringing the Dollars In:
- How does Lori approach discounting? When is the right time to do it?
- Is old-school enterprise sales and entertaining dead? How has it changed?
- How does Lori structure deal reviews? What is a good vs a bad reason to lose a deal?
- How does Lori approach multi-year deals? What is good? What is bad?