Joey Levin is the CEO of IAC where he has overseen the constant evolution of the company, including the initial IPO and subsequent spin-off of Match Group, the spin-off of Vimeo, and the acquisitions of Angie’s List and Care.com. If that was not enough, in October 2022, Joey was also appointed as CEO of Angi Inc. In addition to this, Joey also serves on the boards of IAC, Turo, and MGM Resorts International.
In Today's Discussion with Joey Levin We Discuss:
1.) The Makings of a Great Leader:
- When Joey was younger, what did he want to be when he grew up?
- What is Joey's biggest advice to people coming out of college/university at this time?
- What 1-2 things does Joey credit his internal and fast rise in IAC to?
2) Value Investing is BS & The Markets Today:
- Why does Joey believe the idea of "value investing" is BS?
- What 1-2 behavior traits of investors in the last few years were most dangerous?
- Why does Joey believe that the current market is reasonable and now is the new normal?
- How does Joey keep internal morale high when people have become accustomed to high stock prices?
- Does Joey believe in the statement, "be greedy when others are fearful and fearful when others are greedy"?
3.) Simplification is the Secret to Margin & Messaging 101:
- Why does Joey believe simplification is the core of high margins?
- How can startups and scale-ups identify where to simplify first? What are the subsequent steps?
- Why does Joey believe that the best values should make you feel uncomfortable?
- What is a lesson from Joey's father on what makes truly great messaging?
4.) Parenting, Money and Marriage:
- How does Joey reflect on his own relationship to money today?
- What are 1-2 lessons taught by his mother on how to approach money and wealth?
- What does Joey believe is the secret to truly happy marriages?
- What are Joey's biggest lessons on what it takes to be an effective and good father?