Noah Glass is the Founder and CEO @ Olo, the interface between restaurants and the on-demand world powering millions of orders per day. Olo is an incredible tale of capital efficiency, at IPO the company had a net burn of just $6M with $122M in ARR. Noah raised from some of the best in the business with names such as David Frankel @ Founder Collective, Danny Meyer, Scott Shleifer @ Tiger Global, all on the cap table. Prior to founding Olo, Noah was International Expansion Manager for Endeavour Global, launching the first African Endeavour affiliate. If that was not enough, Noah is also on the board of Portillo's, Share our Strength and the Culinary Institute for America.
In Today’s Episode with Noah Glass You Will Learn:
1.) The Founding of Olo:
- What was the founding a-ha moment for Noah with Olo?
- What did David Frankel do that compelled Noah, now was the time to start Olo?
- What have been some of Noah's biggest lessons from working with David Frankel?
2.) Capital Efficiency: Scaling to $122M ARR with $6M Net Burn
- Why did Noah and the team not raise more money in the early Olo days?
- How does Noah advise early founders who are concerned if they do not raise, their competition will?
- What are 2-3 of the core levers that allow Olo to be so efficient? What can others learn from them?
- What would Noah have done differently fundraise wise, with the benefit of hindsight?
3.) Decision Making: The Secret
- What does Noah mean when he says; "capital allocation and attention allocation are intertwined"?
- How has Noah changed and evolved his decision-making as a leader?
- How does Noah use a CEO coach? What do they discuss? How often? What works? What does not?
- What decision did Noah make that proved to be the wrong one? How did he come back from it?
4.) Noah Glass: The Father and Husband
- How does Noah do so much as CEO and also not lose an inch on being an amazing father and husband?
- What does Noah believe is the secret to a truly successful marriage, while also being public markets CEO?
- How has Noah changed as a father and husband over the years? What has worked? What has not worked?
Item’s Mentioned In Today’s Episode with Noah Glass
Noah’s Favourite Book: Setting the Table by Danny Meyer