Whitney Wolfe Herd is the Founder and CEO @ Bumble, changing the way people date, find friends, and the perception of meeting online, for the better. Women make the first move. Over an incredible 6 year journey, Whitney has scaled Bumble to a community of over 100 million across six continents. Bumble has facilitated an incredible 1.8 billion first moves as of 2021 and so many more by now. Prior to founding Bumble, Whitney was the Co-Founder and VP of Marketing @ Tinder.
In Todays Episode with Whitney Wolfe Herd We Discuss:
1.) Founding Bumble:
- How Whitney made her way into the world of startups with her co-founding Tinder?
- What happened when Whitney left Tinder in a very public way?
- How did that and the scrutiny that came with it, impact her? How did she change?
2.) CEOship 101:
- What does "High Performance" mean to Whitney?
- What are the biggest benefits and biggest downside of transparency? What are the few things that as a leader, you cannot be transparent about them?
- What does it mean to truly listen as a leader? What are the biggest mistakes leaders make when it comes to listening?
3.) Risk and Pressure in Leadership:
- What is the single moment of highest pressure Whitney has been through in the Bumble journey?
- How does Whitney deal with pressure as a leader today? How has that changed?
- How does Whitney approach risk as a leader today? What is too risky?
- How does Whitney think through her own decision-making framework?
4.) Whitney: The Mother and Wife
- What does Whitney believe makes a truly successful marriage?
- How does Whitney not lose an inch of performance as a public markets CEO and also be an amazing mother to two children under the age of 2?
- What does Whitney know now that she wishes she had known when she started Bumble?
- As a leader and mother, what gets easier with time, what gets harder?
Items Mentioned in Today's Episode with Whitney:
Whitney's Favourite Book: Shantaram