Henrique Dubugras is the Founder and CEO @ Brex, the company re-imagining financial systems so every growing company can realize its full potential. To date, Henrique has raised over $1.1BN for Brex from some of the best including Ribbit, Greenoaks, DST, IVP, Caffeinated Capital and Elad Gil to name a few. Henrique is also a board member at Mercado Libre. Prior to co-founding Brex, Henrique co-founded Pagar.me, there he scaled the company to $15BN in GMV and over 100 people before selling the company in 2016.
In Today’s Episode with Henrique Dubugras You Will Learn:
1.) The Founding of Brex:
- What was the founding a-ha moment for Henrique and Pedro with Brex?
- What advice did Evan Spiegel give Henrique when it comes to being a great CEO?
2.) Hiring: The Trials and Tribulations
- What have been Henrique's biggest hiring mistakes?
- How do founders know when they are ready to bring in the seasoned exec vs the younger jack of all trades candidate?
- What have been Henrique's biggest lessons in what it takes to hire true A* talent?
- Where does Henrique see other founders make big hiring mistakes?
3.) Product Expansion and Marketing:
- How does Henrique assess when is the right time to release a second product?
- What have been Henrique's biggest mistakes and lessons when it comes to product marketing?
- How can one retain the simplicity of product messaging with scaling the product?
- Brex expanded the product too far, too fast. How did they walk it back so successfully?
4.) Henrique: The Leader
- How does Henrique approach his own relationship to money today? How has it changed over time?
- What luxury expenditure has Henrique made over the last 12 months that he feels is worth it?
- How does Henrique think about ego management? What does he do to keep his in check?
Item’s Mentioned In Today’s Episode with Henrique Dubugras
Henrique’s Favourite Book: The Innovator's Solution: Creating and Sustaining Successful Growth