Alex Rodriguez is a businessman and the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of A-Rod Corp, a broad-based investment firm that bets on world-class startups and partners with leading global companies across the real estate, health and wellness, technology, and sports & entertainment industries. While best known as one of the world’s greatest athletes (a 14x MLB All-Star and a 2009 World Series Champion with the New York Yankees), for more than 25 years, Alex leads a team of experts building high-growth businesses and is co-owner of the Minnesota Timberwolves.
In Today's Episode with Alex Rodriguez
1.) From MLB to Business MVP:
- How Alex made his transition from one of the world's greatest athletes to the world of business?
- What does Alex know now that he wishes he had known at the start of his business career?
- What is Alex running away from? How do his insecurities drive him?
2.) Lessons from Magic Johnson and Warren Buffet:
- What are some of the single biggest lessons Alex has learned from his time with Warren Buffet?
- How did Magic Johnson impact Alex's approach to business?
- What is Magic Johnson's framework? How can others use it as a blueprint for their career?
3.) Alex Rodriguez: The Business Builder and Investor:
- What has been Alex's single biggest investing hit? What did he learn from it?
- What has been Alex's single worst investment decision? How did that change his approach?
- Why is Alex not buying real estate currently? How does he view the future of real estate buying?
4.) Alex Rodriguez: The Father and Son:
- How did having two daughters impact Alex's approach to business and life?
- What have been Alex's single biggest lessons from seeing his single mother operate?
- How does Alex reflect on his own relationship to money? How has it changed?