Ari Helgason is a VC at Dawn Capital in London and a former entrepreneur with operational experience in both London and New York. Prior to Dawn, Ari founded SaaS sales and workflow management system World on a Hanger and ecommerce clothing marketplace Fabricly.com. More recently, he launched ecommerce sites for fashion and luxury brands in London and New York. Ari is an alumnus of the Y Combinator startup accelerator and he regularly visits Silicon Valley where he has extensive relationships.
In Today's Episode You Will Learn:
- How Ari made his move into the VC scene?
- Why Ari decided to bootstrap his first business?
- Does Ari believe that Founders should always be fundraising?
- Should Founders take more money than they need, 'a war chest'?
- What type of goals do VCs want to see from founders?
- What do investors expect from startups at Series A?
- How can founders learn what KPI's make sense for their business?
- How can founders know when is the right time to fundraise?
- How can startup founders get their foot in the VC door?
Items Mentioned in Today's Episode:
As always you can follow Harry, Ari and The Twenty Minute VC on Twitter here!