Mitch Tarica is Head of North America Sales at Zoom Video Communications. Before joining Zoom, Mitch spent over 5 years at RingCentral including as Senior VP of Worldwide Sales and Customer Success. Finally, before RingCentral, Mitch was at Oracle for over 7 years in numerous different sales roles.
In Today’s Episode with Mitch Tarica You Will Learn:
1.) Entry into Sales:
- How did Mitch make his way into sales with one of the first SaaS companies in the world?
- What were his early lessons on what truly great sales entails?
- What elements does Mitch fear we have lost in the art of sales over time?
2.) The Playbook:
- Should the founder be the one to create the sales playbook?
- What are the signs that the founder has a repeatable and scalable playbook?
- When is the right time to make the first sales hire? Should it be a Head of Sales or Sales Rep?
- How does the first hire depend on whether you are PLG or enterprise sales led?
3.) The Hiring Process:
- How does Mitch structure the hiring process? Step by step, what does he want to achieve?
- What questions does Mitch ask in the first interview, always?
- What are the 3 traits that Mitch believes all great sales hires have? How does he test for them?
- How do Zoom use practical sales tests to determine the ability of a potential sales hire?
- How does Mitch see many founders make mistakes in the sales hiring process?
4.) Sales Onboarding:
- What are the crucial steps to do sales onboarding right?
- How should leaders structure the first 30,60 and 90 days for their new reps?
- What are some early red flags that leaders should watch for with new reps?
- What more can leaders do to make sure their reps are as successful as possible in the early days?